Sunday, March 27, 2011

Run for fun?


Early this morning (around 9:30) I headed up Provo Canyon to Timpanogos Park to run my first 5k. And to be honest... it was miserable! :) It had snowed the night before and so not only was it FREEZING but the path was almost completely covered in snow! It was so bad that at a certain point in the race they stopped us and had us WALK single-file down the trail because the path was too dangerous. But...
(me trying to stay warm before the race)
I braved the cold weather...
I showed up, I didn't stop running, I didn't throw up or pass out and I didn't come in last!
Overall, I'd call that a victory!


I also got some sweet SWAG:


Yay for being active!
...and starting a RAD collection of T-Shirts!

8 comments:

  1. 1. Good Job!
    2. You look so thin!
    3. I hate the snow.
    4. Why is your hair down and pretty in that last picture?
    5. I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So proud of you! That is excellent! I need to sign up for one of those and actually do it. My husband is a seasoned runner, so maybe I'll surprise him one day and decide to join him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Job. That's so neat. You do look really good!! I'm so jealous your on a Volleyball team, it looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys.
    Ange- That's just how I look after I run :) (it was later that night before I went out with some friends for my birthday)

    ReplyDelete
  6. look how long your hair is! so pretty and great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yay! that is awesome way to go love!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I'm proud of you and I hate you at the same time! (kidding)
    I think it's great that you're running - I wish you lived closer to me and I would run with you!! You need to tell me how you've been doing it - did you follow a program or just start out? CALL ME

    ReplyDelete