Meet Estevan-
I can honestly say that Estevan is my #1 FAVORITE proctor child of all time. I've worked for 4TheYouth for 4 years now, 3 of which have been spent as a proctor parent. I have experienced the highest highs and the lowest lows with these kids. There is nothing more heart breaking than to watch someone that you have cared for be sent home unprepared. Or worse, knowing that they have made every possible preparation but home is just not ready for them. I'm so thankful that this is not the case with Estevan. He is going home to a loving family and great support system. I know he has all the keys he needs to be successful.
.
Estevan instantly found a place in my heart. I loved him almost immediately. He is sweet, caring, clever and tender-hearted. He became a big brother to Coleman and a part of our family
He put up with me, laughed at my jokes (regardless of whether or not they were funny), read to Coleman, played make-believe, attended church and befriended everyone he met. There are few kids like him.
One of my favorite things about Estevan is that he quickly learned to agree with me. No matter the situation, I knew if I were to say, "Am I right, Estevan?" I would hear the soft reply, "yeah." :)
This was our final good-bye. My heart was full and I couldn't take it anymore.
A quick hug in the parking lot, a few soft, "I love you"s and he was no longer mine.
Sometimes being a proctor is stressful. Sometimes I question, is this worth it? But then I meet a young man like Estevan with such Divine potential and I am grateful to have the chance to know him.
I hope to have touched his life in some way...
...because I know, without a shadow of a doubt, he has touched mine.
We love you buddy


No comments:
Post a Comment